On Friday the church held a family camp at Acacia Village and it was attended by some church members, I think only few had attended since it rained earlier before the agreed meet up time. This Sunday Pastor E focused about the home and the family, he said that God began human existence with a marriage and a family. The first community that God established was a family and a home. The scriptural reading was found at Joshua 24: 11-15 and 2 Samuel 6: 9-11.
According to the Pastor E’s before the Israelites have a formal place of worship, the place of worship was the home, and all worship was directed and lead by the head of the home, the husband and father – Deuteronomy 6:4-9. Today, we have replaced the home with the church. For many Christians and their families all spirituality is exercised IN church, all prayer is IN church, all teaching is IN church – and not in the home. We depend everything in the church and we forgot the spiritual practice at home.
[Photo courtesy of heritagekept.com]
Pastor E gave three ways on how do we experience the genuine divine blessing in our home and these are:
- Choose to make your Home His Home – Joshua 24:11-15, We have to choose to live according to God’s design for us in our homes & families.
- Welcome His presence to your home – 2 Samuel 6:9-11, Pastor E says that every family has a box in their home, that box has the power to shape values of young children and that box was called television unlike the box at the center of Obed-Edom’s house, which contains Aaaron cane, Moses tablets and a jar, this box brought blessings.
- Build an ark of salvation in your home – Hebrews 11:7, Pastor E talks about Noah and his family.
To begin and initiate God’s into our home, Pastor E shared 5 E’s –
- EXALT God in your home
- EXAMPLE Christlikeness in your home
- ENCOURAGE Faithfulness in your home
- EDUCATE Your children in God’s ways in your home
- ESTABLISH Godly values in your home
When God’s presence is welcomed and encouraged a home is truly blessed!
- Dreaming of Flooded Comfort Room and Being Chased by Dogs
- Protected: Thanksgiving Sunday: Counting our Blessings with…
- Protected: Dealing with Birthday Sadness and Depression
- Family Outing at SATO Beach Resort
- Dreaming of Praying, Seeing Bar of Chocolates and Bottle of
- Dreaming of Seeing a Rainbow, Clouds and a Garden