Cleaning the Bathroom and Accidentally Electrocuted Myself

Cleaning the bathroom is one of the things I do even before, so a few days ago I decided to clean our bathroom barefooted, it was been a long time since I cleaned it thoroughly because the water supply in our barangay (village) is scarce, the water only runs in the morning for about 2-3 hours.

As cleaning agent I used muriatic acid as well as bleach without using a mask for protection,  I have cleaned it thoroughly from walls to floor. I have turned the lights and fan but I think it was a wrong move because I inhaled so much fumes from muriatic acid leading me to choke and cough, I went out for a bit to inhale fresh air. When I am done cleaning I switched off the light and fan and that’s when an electricity bolt run through my finger to my head, I was shocked for a moment but I still managed to pull back my finger, maybe if I didn’t I was electrocuted to death.

blackboard, business, chalkboard

[Photo courtesy of Pixabay/pexels.com]

The bathroom switched light was gone for a minute, I have already thought I broke the switch. I was thinking if I should tell my mother that I was almost electrocuted and I broke the light/fan switch. Thinking she might go to the bathroom and get electrocuted as well, I decided to tell her not to touch the bathroom switch and a little story of what had happened to me inside.

My mother is really epic, instead of being worried to me I got scolded for being careless and splashing water in the wall where the electric switch was.

Anyway, it was the strongest electric shocked I encountered in my life maybe because I am barefooted, the electric switch and the floor is wet as well as my hands.  I thought it was the end of my life but I guess I still have purpose here on earth.

My head aches after I got electrocuted, the lower part just below my ears. I think my brain got an electric shock! The next day, I cleaned our living room using muriatic acid and inhaled more fumes again.

[ Tagged In ] , , ,

Leave a Reply