[ Tagged In ] Ruby Tuesday, South Korea
When I was still a little kid, my knowledge is limited to what I learned from school , on what I see around me and at our home. All I know leaves has only one color and that is green, but when I grow older and can now walk within a miles I discover a lot of things, leaves or plants is not just green in color, there’s read, brown, yellow and a lot more.
Here’s red maple tree as an example, its leaves is red and not green. This tree is one of the most common and widespread deciduous trees of eastern North America. It ranges from the Lake of the Woods on the border between Ontario and Minnesota, east to Newfoundland, south to near Miami, Florida, and southwest to east Texas. Many of its features, especially its leaves, are quite variable in form. At maturity it often attains a height of around 15 m (50 ft). It is aptly named as its flowers, petioles, twigs and seeds are all red to varying degrees. Among these features, however, it is best known for its brilliant deep scarlet foliage in autumn.
I first saw this leaf, in Canada’s national flag.
- Dreaming of Flooded Comfort Room and Being Chased by Dogs
- Protected: Dealing with Birthday Sadness and Depression
- Protected: Thanksgiving Sunday: Counting our Blessings with…
- Family Outing at SATO Beach Resort
- Dreaming of Seeing a Rainbow, Clouds and a Garden
- Family and Relationships: When Favoritism Becomes Abuse