I just thought of joining Mellow Yellow Monday for the first time, I’ve seen this meme on some blogs along time ago but I don’t have enough time to join, and just today I’ve thought of joining when I visited Ateh Vernz blog and see her entry.
Anyway this photo was taken last August during our visit in China, this is inside the Forbidden City. This is the throne in the Hall of Central Harmony. It is one of the three halls of the Outer Court of the Forbidden City, in Beijing, China, along with the Hall of Supreme Harmony and Hall of Preserving Harmony. It is smaller than the other two halls, and is square in shape. It is used by the Emperor to prepare and rest before and during ceremonies.
Yellow is the color of the Emperor. Thus almost all roofs in the Forbidden City bear yellow glazed tiles. There are only two exceptions. The library at the Pavilion of Literary Profundity had black tiles because black was associated with water, and thus fire-prevention. Similarly, the Crown Prince’s residences have green tiles because green was associated with wood, and thus growth.
- Dreaming of Flooded Comfort Room and Being Chased by Dogs
- Protected: Dealing with Birthday Sadness and Depression
- Family Outing at SATO Beach Resort
- Dreamed Seeing Husband’s Pale and Haggard Face and…
- Protected: Thanksgiving Sunday: Counting our Blessings with…
- Dreaming of Seeing a Rainbow, Clouds and a Garden